The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 扫二维码买家具 成都商家进军O2O
- Fixed Income Securities
- 北京盘古大观80亿房产将司法拍卖 网友直呼“买不起”！
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 今日头条年度数据：30-40岁人群最关注房子 孙宏斌等成“网红” in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 浅析我国智慧城市建设呈现的五大新趋势 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 北京东城首开居家养老共享厨房: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 新品瓷砖面市 含金丝瓷砖身价高普通家庭有距离 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
The January-to-November period in the United States this year was the warmest first 11 months of any year on record for the contiguous states. And 2012 will likely surpass 1998 as the warmest year on record for the nation, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 二线城市抢人大战再升级：落户降学历 买房降首付
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 央行松贷刺激楼市落地 房企库存压力大不敢涨价
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- City on the Silk Road
- 全行业销售减速明显 龙头房企提前完成全年业绩目标
- The annual national civil service exam kicked off last Sunday, and some recent hot topics - such as college graduates starting their own businesses and the Yutu (Jade Rabbit) lunar rover - appeared in the exam questions.
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
I will be yours forever!我永远属于你！
Sam Smith, 'The Thrill of It All'